Are you the one waiting for your offer letter for an interview that you attended? Here is something that you should do as soon as you receive the job.
Sending a thank you letter to your hiring manager on account of your selection takes you one step closer to the management and also enhances your image in the organization.
Perhaps, it is not an easy task to draft one thank-you letter error-free but we make it possible with ready-to-use thank-you letter templates. In this post, we would tell you how to draft a thank you letter and accept the offer politely. We shall also tell you how to reject the job professionally.
Sample Job Offer Thank You Letters
The company that accepts your candidature sends your position, salary, terms and conditions and the joining date. The meeting information is shared in the same email and you need to respond to this information.
Here is a sample letter amongst many free letters templates listed below:-
123 Main Street | 111-111-1111 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Good Company
3456 Park Ave.
Somewhere, USA 10000
Dear John Smith :
Thank you sincerely for offering me an opportunity to work at The Good Company. I appreciate the time and effort spent by your team to interview me and review my application.
I regret to inform you that I’m unable to accept this position. Although I’m impressed by The Good Organisation and your team, I do not feel that this position aligns with my future career goals. I hope that there may be future opportunities with The Good Company that better fit my needs.
Thank you again for the time and consideration in making this decision and I hope we can connect again in the future.
Here is the step by step guideline to draft this email job accepting the opportunity.
- Begin with your personal contact information.
- Draft the to section. This has to be targeted to the hiring manager.
- In the first paragraph of your accepting job offer email, you need to thank the organisation as well as the hiring manager. Little appreciation of the employer goes a long way. Subsequently, you should also express your consent to all the terms listed in the letter.
- In the next paragraph, inform your hiring manager how you are eager about the opportunity and how you promise to add value to the firm. This is totally optional but is a section meant to enhance the relationship.
- Finally, include your confirmation of the job and your readiness for the meeting on the said date.
- Complete the letter with your signature.
You’re done. This is extremely easy to draft but ensure that you read it multiple times before you hit that ‘send’ button just like you must do in a Character Reference Letter.
How to respond to an offer letter Templates Tips
While we have already explained how to accept a job, you should also know some more mistakes that you should avoid.
As you choose to prepare the thank you letter, you need to maintain your professionalism. An error-filled thank you letter is of no use. Read it and also take the help of a friend to proofread the email.
Pay attention to the format of the letter as it has to be indented appropriately. A formal document has high readability and this is where most of the candidates fail to impress their hiring managers.
Don’t get too close in your thank you letter. While it is acceptable to stay excited to see the job, never try compromising the language or tone or style of your letter. Maintain the professional format and share it with pride similar to Thank You Cards.
If you are still unsure of the language and tone, you can also take a look at the examples of job acceptance letter listed below.
Job offer rejection templates
The most embarrassing situation in responding to the job is the denial of one offer over the other. It is quite natural for candidates to apply for jobs at multiple companies. However, it gets difficult when two of your dream jobs offer you a position at the same time and you remain in a dilemma.
The ideal format of such letters is as follows.
- Begin with a thank you statement for the job.
- In the next paragraph, include the genuine reason for the denial of this job. If you are expecting a better salary, request the same in a polite manner and this allows them to rethink your package.
- In the last part, thank the hiring manager and leave a positive note.
Hit send once you format the reply to the job offer. Make sure that the tone is empathetic and not rude.
Looking for some more examples to understand the letter? Here you go!
When you attend an interview or waiting for the job offer, ensure that you leave a positive image irrespective of the response you receive from the business. If you are offered a job, thank the hiring manager and accept the job. Otherwise, you can feel free to simply thank the person for taking the time to interview you in the business hour and include how this helped your career further.
All the templates listed in our paper are meant for you to follow up on the application and promote your image with an excellent thank you letter. This document is an indicator of your knowledge, professionalism, and virtues you follow in your life. For every person, getting a job is a dream. Once you accomplish it, make sure to stay thankful to people involved in this journey.
Also Check Out:
- 17+ Background Check Authorization Forms Download
- 43+ High School Diploma Template Free Download 
- 39+ Weekly Planner Template – Schedule Planners!!