There are 3 instances when people go for blank checks – to create one format exclusively for the brand, to make fun and, to present during events. If your requirement falls in one of the above, then you need to go for a blank check format that is already created and is ready to use.
As you are dealing with financials, you need to be extremely careful about the fields and information in it. In this post, we shall present you a range of blank check templates that you can use for multiple purposes.
Blank Check Template for fun
If you are a teacher who is looking forward to teaching your students how to fill a check and handle transactions carefully, then you can go for these formats.
Here are a few tips to teach them effectively:
- Firstly, teach them how to fill the fields like the receiver name and the amount in words and number.
- Secondly, inform them why the date is important and why the person who gives check should never miss it just like in a vehicle maintenance log.
- Subsequently, teach them how the cheque number is scanned and how they can keep note of it in the checkbook register.
- Finally, educate them on the consistency of the signature. For instance, when a person signs in large font size in the check but actually signs in smaller font size in all the bank transactions so far, it is dismissed and a new check has to be issued.
In addition to all these points, it is extremely important to tell your students how a check is processed in the bank. This can clarify all their doubts about payment modes and the advantages and disadvantages of this mode.
Blank check template Design for official use
Several organisations prefer to create check designs exclusively for their brand with the logo. For instance, when an organisation tries to process the payment of an employee, it issues a check. Likewise, a vendor uses this document to collect the cash in return and close the project. When you find a logo in the check, remember that it is only for internal record keeping purpose.
Any check that is issued to you should contain the detail of bank and a seal of the organisation in the signature area. No other brand property can be printed on this document.
If you are planning to use this mode of payment for office, here are some professionally designed template/ form page that you can customize or even directly use.
To ensure consistency, it is a good idea to pin the check and deposit slip together so the receiver can use it directly and save time.
Blank check templates for events
Whether you conduct an event or host a show, you have a huge audience watching the scene and your check that you issue to the winner has to be visible to everyone. You should resize your check accordingly and print the name of the winner and increase the font size of the amount won. It is also a better idea to highlight them in a different color.
Instead of designing one on your own without knowing the dimensions, we are going to make your job easier by listing a few template.
If an organization has sponsored the cash prize for the winner, make sure to add the logo of the sponsor or include the phrase ‘sponsored by ABC organization’. By following this simple idea, you are going to increase their brand visibility and also enhance the relationship.
Let’s say your organization is looking to donate some money to a cause at an event, you can certainly customize the check by adding your brand logo and alter the color scheme accordingly. One such sample template is here.
Alternatively, you can choose a theme to suit the event. For instance, if the show involves a vintage theme, portray this theme in the check too. This improves consistency.
Advantages of blank checks pdf/word
Blank checks have a number of advantages –
- It is handy and you can carry it wherever you go.
- When you are facing a check crunch, you can use this copy instead.
- Well-designed and saves your time as it has all the fields and ensures success rate of a transaction.
- It is hard to differentiate between the original and fake copies when you are using it for fun.
- The financial process is simplified as you have easy access to this document in your organization. Further, it ensures consistency in the transactions.
- A large check issued during an event can promote your brand and credibility.
While we have spoken about the advantages, make sure that you do not sign them in advance as this increases the chances of fraudulent activities. Keep the checks in a safe place that you can easily access whenever you need.